European Monetary Union
- Europa: the European
Union’s Internet Site
- European Central
- Pierre Werner, The Economist,
July 4, 2002
- Articles on the history
and beginnings of the Euro, from The Economist
- The Euro: Europe’s
New Currency by Werner Antweiler.
Internet Resources on European Integration.
- The Euro: Articles from The Economist.
- The Euro:
beware of what you wish for by Paul Krugman, Fortune, December
- In the Wings: Euro as Potential Rival
to the Dollar by Richard W. Stevenson, The New York Times, April
Afraid of the Euro? by Paul Krugman, Fortune, April 27, 1998.
- 11 Nations Take Key Step Towards Unified
Currency by Edmund L. Andrews, The New York Times, April 26, 1998.
The European Union and Its Enlargement
A Survey of the European Union, The Economist, September 23, 2004
- In Vast Expansion of the European Union, Pluses but Also Perils Lie Ahead, By IAN FISHER,
The New York Times, December 13, 2002
To get them in, cut the costs, The Economist, February 2, 2002. [The European
Commission offers its ideas. Groans all round]
- Europe's strategic choice, By Gerard Montassier and Keith Richardson, The Financial
Times, December 14, 2001. [The EU summit at Laeken should set out the options
Return to Useful Internet Links for ECO 41:
Return to ECO 41 home page